Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Loyarburok 2d

My sister wanted a cake with the Loyarburok logo for her birthday this year. I started with 2 layers of lime buttercream cake and covered it with black Satin Ice fondant.  It was very easy to handle and had a very nice finish. No dusting required at all which meant that the jet black of the fondant was preserved. For the logo, I printed coloured versions in the exact size I wanted.  Then I cut pieces of templates out and segregated them according to their colour. Then I rolled Satin Ice gumpaste that I had coloured with Wilton colours into thin sheets and cut around the paper templates that I put on top of the gumpaste. As I cut each piece out,  I rearrange it back on the cake until it forms the whole logo again. Sounds fairly simple but was 6 hours worth of painstaking work! She says this is number 2 after the Temple of Zeus!

No comments:

Post a Comment